Note: This post has been updated to include updates in version 126.96.36.199.
This minor update mainly fixes issues with RootsMagic freezing when trying to access New FamilySearch. We would like to thank everyone for their patience the last couple of months as we worked to figure out what has changed with New FamilySearch to cause the frequent freezing and error messages some users were experiencing when accessing NFS through RootsMagic. We discovered a number of behavior changes in the NFS API (such as API calls not being responded to in certain situations) which could cause RootsMagic to have to wait for NFS to return before it could continue (sometimes for 5-10 minutes or more).
If you have the RootsMagic News screen come up when you start RootsMagic, it may have already notified you of this update. If not, you can do “Help > Check for Updates” from the RootsMagic menu to download and install this update.
You can also download the update from http://www.rootsmagic.com/updates/rootsmagic
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- When doing Add > Parents, RootsMagic now adds the newly added parents to the side list
- The place list is now updated when deleting an unused place from the unused place list
- FamilySearch.org search works in WebSearch again
- NFS passwords can have + and & characters now
- NFS import would sometimes not import descendants correctly
- Seal to spouse would sometimes print wrong when “Print basic events even if blank” is selected
- Removed “Use secondary access method” option