With the holidays behind us, it’s time to get back to work. And part of that is getting out there and meeting with our users face-to-face. Since we’re surrounded by snow, ice, and fog, we might as well meet our users someplace warm, right? So this coming week, we’ll be coming to sunny Arizona!
Thursday – Phoenix Family History Center
Our first stop is at the Phoenix Family History Center. They have graciously offered to host Bruce Buzbee, author of RootsMagic, for a demonstration of RootsMagic 4, its features, and how it interfaces with new FamilySearch. The demonstration is free to the public.
- Time: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 7 pm
- Place: Phoenix Family History Center, 3102 N 18th Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Friday – Saturday, Arizona Family History Expo
Come join us at the Arizona Family History Expo on January 22-23, 2010 at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center Street, Mesa, Arizona. Visit our booth, attend our classes, or take away one of our over $1,000 worth of prizes!
Free Exhibit Hall!
Visit us at the RootsMagic booth in the Expo’s exhibit hall and experts will be on hand to answer questions about the RootsMagic software. Don’t miss special conference discounts on various RootsMagic products. The Exhibit Hall also features family history vendors from across the world. The Exhibit Hall is free to the public and is open:
- Friday, January 22: 9 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, August 29: 9 am – 5:30 pm
Free RootsMagic Classes!
Come learn about the new features in RootsMagic 4 ( including our award-winning integration with New FamilySearch) in 2 free classes. That’s right, these classes are FREE to anyone (but you do have to come pick up a ticket from our booth to attend).
- What’s New in RootsMagic 4 – Friday 3:00 pm, Robson Room
- New FamilySearch Made Easy with RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 9:30 am, Robson Room
We are also teaching a couple of other classes as well:
- Mapping Your Family History with Family Atlas – Friday 4:30 pm, Robson Room
- Personal Historian: Bringing Life to Your Life Stories – Saturday 2:30 pm, Robson Room
Free Exhibit Hall Mini-Classes!
We’re trying something different at this expo and teaching free RootsMagic mini-classes in the exhibit hall. These mini-classes will be about 15 minutes long and will be held at our booth during the break between the regular classes.
- Getting Started with RootsMagic 4 – Friday 9:10 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- New FamilySearch Overview – Friday 9:30 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Fun RootsMagic Tools – Friday 11:05 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Creating a Shareable CD – Friday 12:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Mapping and Geocoding in RootsMagic 4 – Friday 1:00 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Entering Evidence Explained Sources – Friday 2:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Reports, Reports, Reports – Friday 4:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Data Clean-Up in RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 9:10 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Creating Wall Charts in RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 10:35 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Running RootsMagic from a Flash Drive – Saturday 12:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Publishing a Book with RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 12:30 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Using RootsMagic’s Research Tools – Saturday 2:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Creating a Custom Report – Saturday 3:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
And to help show off some of the great features in RootsMagic 4, we’re going to give away these great prizes in each of our free RootsMagic classes.
- Two 4GB flash drives pre-installed with RootsMagic 4. That’s right, RootsMagic 4 will run directly off a flash drive. And with the included RootsMagic To-Go program you can easily transfer your data back and forth between your desktop computer and your flash drive as well.
- Two $25 gift certificates from Generation Maps. Generation Maps makes it easy to print those large wall charts you’ve created in RootsMagic 4.
- Plus a bunch of stuff just for fun: RootsMagic tote bags, badge holders, genealogy ties, and more!
Over 100 other classes will be presented by industry leaders and experts from the local and national genealogical community. Products and services from genealogy companies will also be showcased in an exhibit hall where you can meet with specialists for free personal consultations on research questions or problems.
If you wish to attend the other classes, registration is just $75.00 for both days or $40.00 for a single day. Individuals who want to attend only one or two classes and visit the Exhibit Hall can register for single classes at $12.00 each.
Expo details and the class schedule are available online at: www.FHExpos.com.