The Summer season of conferences continues and we’ve had a great time meeting many of our users face-to-face. While we’ve been able to meet with many of you, we know that there are many more that we haven’t yet passed through your neck of the woods. This week will hopefully rectify that for some of you. Through the miracle of human cloning, we will be attending three separate conferences in three separate states this coming week! (Well, not exactly cloning- just a lot of creative scheduling and travel.) So if you live near Utah, Missouri, or Oregon, we’d love to meet you, answer your questions, and hear your suggestions.
First up is the 42nd annual BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy held from Tuesday, July 26 through Friday, July 30, 2010 in the BYU Conference Center in Provo, Utah. This has always been a great event and this year will be no exception. While you’re attending the over 100 classes during the day, be sure to stop by our booth in the exhibitor area. And in the evenings, be sure to attend one of our free classes:
- What’s New in RootsMagic 4, Tuesday, 5:15 pm, Room 2258
- New FamilySearch Made Easy with RootsMagic 4, Wednesday, 5:15 pm, Room 2258
Kansas City, Missouri
We are pleased to sponsor the Midwest Family History Expo on July 30-31, 2010 at the KCI Expo Center, 11730 N Ambassador Dr, Kansas City, Missouri. Visit our booth, attend our classes, or take away one of our over $1,000 worth of prizes!
Free Exhibit Hall!
Visit us at the RootsMagic booth in the Expo’s exhibit hall and experts will be on hand to answer questions about the RootsMagic software. Don’t miss special conference discounts on various RootsMagic products. The Exhibit Hall also features family history vendors from across the world. The Exhibit Hall is free to the public and is open:
- Friday, July 30: 9 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 31: 9 am – 5:30 pm
Free RootsMagic Classes!
Come learn about the new features in RootsMagic 4 in 2 free classes. That’s right, these classes are FREE to anyone (but you do have to come pick up a ticket from our booth to attend). We’ll even do some prize drawings to keep things interesting.
- What’s New in RootsMagic 4, Part I – Friday 3:00 pm
- What’s New in RootsMagic 4, Part II – Saturday, 9:30 am
Free Exhibit Hall Mini-Classes!
We’ll be teaching free RootsMagic mini-classes in the exhibit hall. These mini-classes will be about 15 minutes long and will be held at our booth during the break between the regular classes.
- Data Clean-Up in RootsMagic 4 – Friday 11:05 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- New FamilySearch Overview – Friday 12:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Writing Life Stories with Personal Historian – Friday 1:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Entering Sources into RootsMagic 4 – Friday 5:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Mapping Your Ancestors with Family Atlas – Saturday 12:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Running RootsMagic from a Flash Drive – Saturday 12:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Publishing a Books and CD’s with RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 2:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Writing Life Stories with Personal Historian – Saturday 3:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
Over 100 other classes will be presented by industry leaders and experts from the local and national genealogical community. Products and services from genealogy companies will also be showcased in an exhibit hall where you can meet with specialists for free personal consultations on research questions or problems.
If you wish to attend the other classes, registration is just $75.00 for both days or $40.00 for a single day. Individuals who want to attend only one or two classes and visit the Exhibit Hall can register for single classes at $12.00 each.
Expo details and the class schedule are available online at: www.FHExpos.com.
Those of you in the Pacific Northwest will want to come to the Genealogical Council of Oregon State Conference held Saturday, July 31, 2010 at the Lane Community College, 4000 East 30th Ave, Eugene, Oregon. This conference features Elizabeth Shown Mills, author of the popular book Evidence Explained from which RootsMagic’s SourceWizard and source templates are based. Choose from several dozen classes by talented presenters and attend the popular “Ask the Experts” sessions. And be sure to come meet Bruce Buzbee, the creator of RootsMagic at our exhibit booth and attend a class by the RootsMagician himself:
- What’s New in RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 2:00 pm, Room S-16
More Events to Come
If you’re not fortunate enough to attend any of these events, don’t worry, there are plenty more to come! Within the next few months, we’ll be coming to Tennessee, California, New Mexico, Georgia, Ohio, Massachusetts, and South Carolina. Be sure to check our calendar and newsletter to learn about where we are coming next.