To say that we’re thrilled with the response to our free online classes would be an understatement. But that doesn’t mean that we’re giving up all in-person interactions (we still have to leave our wintry ice-caves sometimes). Our first outing of 2011 will be to sunny Arizona!
Thursday Afternoon – Sun City West, Arizona
Our first stop is at the Palm Ridge Rec Center in Sun City West. The Sun City West Genealogical Club is hosting Bruce Buzbee, author of RootsMagic, for an entertaining demonstration of RootsMagic.
- Time: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Place: Palo Verde Room of the Palm Ridge Rec Center, 13800 Deer Valley Drive, Sun City West, AZ
Thursday Evening – Phoenix, Arizona
Our next stop is at the Phoenix Family History Center. Bruce Buzbee will demonstrate RootsMagic 4 and how it interfaces with new FamilySearch. The demonstration is free to the public.
- Time: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 7-9 pm
- Place: Phoenix Family History Center, 3102 N 18th Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Friday and Saturday – Mesa, Arizona
The grand jewel of our trip will be the Arizona Family History Expo on January 21-22, 2011 at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center Street, Mesa, Arizona. Visit our booth, attend our free classes, and take advantage of our conference specials!
Free Exhibit Hall!
Visit us at the RootsMagic booth in the Expo’s exhibit hall and experts will be on hand to an swer questions about the RootsMagic software. Don’t miss special conference discounts on various RootsMagic products. The Exhibit Hall also features family history vendors from across the world. The Exhibit Hall is free to the public and is open:
- Friday, January 21: 9 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, January 22: 9 am – 4:00 pm
Free RootsMagic Classes!
Come learn more about RootsMagic and Personal Historian in four free classes. That’s right, these classes are FREE to anyone (but you do have to come pick up a ticket from our booth to attend).
- Personal Historian: Bringing Life to Your Life Stories – Friday 10:00 am, Palo Verde Room 3
- FamilySearch Made Easy with RootsMagic – Friday 11:30 am, Palo Verde Room 3
- RootsMagic: Sharing and Publishing Your Family Tree – Friday 3:00 pm, Superstition South Room
- RootsMagic: Pruning, Cleaning and Extending Your Family Tree – Saturday 8:00 am, Superstition South Room
We are also teaching two other classes which are part of the paid registration:
- Genealogy on the Go! – Saturday 11:00 am, Palo Verde Room 3
- Where in the World? GPS and the Genealogist – Saturday 1:o0 pm, Palo Verde Room 3
Free Exhibit Hall Mini-Classes!
We’re continuing our tradition of teaching free RootsMagic mini-classes in the exhibit hall. These mini-classes will be about 15 minutes long and will be held at our booth during the break between the regular classes.
- Data Clean-Up in RootsMagic 4 – Friday 12:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Entering Sources into RootsMagic 4 – Friday 1:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Writing Life Stories with Personal Historian – Friday 2:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Mapping Your Ancestors with Family Atlas – Friday 4:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Running RootsMagic from a Flash Drive – Friday 5:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Mapping Your Ancestors with Family Atlas – Saturday 9:05 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Publishing a Book with RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 10:35 am, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- RootsMagic and FamilySearch – Saturday 12:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Using RootsMagic’s Research Tools – Saturday 12:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Creating a Shareable CD with RootsMagic 4 – Saturday 2:05 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
- Writing Life Stories with Personal Historian – Saturday 3:35 pm, RootsMagic Exhibitor Booth
Over 100 classes will be presented by industry leaders and experts from the local and national genealogical community. Products and services from genealogy companies will also be showcased in an exhibit hall where you can meet with specialists for free personal consultations on research questions or problems.
If you wish to attend the other classes, registration is just $65.00 for both days ($75 at the door) or $40.00 for a single day. Individuals who want to attend only one or two classes and visit the Exhibit Hall can register for single classes at $12.00 each.
Expo details and the class schedule are available online at: www.FHExpos.com.